Without coal and iron ore, the blast furnaces will shut down within weeks. Last week British Steel launched a consultation on ...
British Steel plans to begin consultations on closing its Scunthorpe blast furnaces after failing to reach a financial ...
The struggling British Steel said it could close its blast furnaces as soon as June with the potential loss of up to 2,700 ...
Terror laws could be used to nationalise Britain’s last steel blast furnaces after their Chinese owner threatened to shut ...
British Steel says it is planning to close its two blast furnaces and steelmaking operations in the north England town of ...
Operator of blast furnace/basic oxygen furnace mill in England has started to consult on proposed closure of its steelmaking ...
British Steel has said it has enough raw materials to keep blast furnaces running after a UK customer raised fears about stocks running out. Simon Boyd, from Reidsteel, claimed British Steel ...
Its Chinese owner earlier this week rejected a £500 million ($647 million) public rescue package for the loss-making ...
Thousands of jobs are in danger after British Steel revealed plans that threaten to close its two blast furnaces. Up to 2,700 roles are at risk as a consultation was launched by the UK's second ...
Concerns have been raised over the future of British steelmaking. Simon Boyd, the managing director of REIDsteel, has highlighted the critical state of the industry. He said: "REIDsteel was the first ...
More than 2,000 jobs at British Steel could be at risk, after Chinese parent company Jingye rejected a £500m subsidy offer ...
LONDON, March 27 (Reuters) - China-owned British Steel said it could close its two blast furnaces as soon as June with the potential loss of up to 2,700 jobs, as U.S. tariffs and environmental ...